[R-SIG-Mac] any advice on libtiff? (and rtiff)

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Thu Apr 29 00:25:22 CEST 2010

Hi, I know rtiff does not compile 'cause it can't find libtiff (per cran
check logs).

I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully installed libtiff, either
from source or via MacPorts?  And if so,  is it then possible to build
rtiff from the source and have everything work?

So far I've (naively) tried building libtiff3.9.2 from sources, but even
though "make" seems to happily complete its job,  nothing seems to be
installed anywhere useful.

Or should I just bite the bullet and install the Gtk tiff tools and that
big graphics package (something-BE, I forget the name just now)?

thanks
Carl