[R-SIG-Mac] R graphs question

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Tue Apr 27 03:43:21 CEST 2010

Fei,

On 27/04/2010, at 6:57 , Wang, Fei wrote:

> I am a newbie for R software. Recently I met a problem when I'm attempting to export R graphs to PowerPoint directly. Since we generate hundreds of graphs and want to export them to PPT at one time, is there any good solution to this?

png(height=768, width=1024) may be your friend here, as there are sometimes issues with pdf's inserted into Microsoft Powerpoint for Mac and then viewed in Microsoft Powerpoint for Windows, due to windows not handling the embedded pdf well or something. Similarly, I have had problems before with transparancy in Windows.

This will save multiple plots in the form Rplotxxx.png, or if you are looping then change the name in your loop and put it into the png call.

dev.off() is the command you need to close the png device and save the plot.

cheers

Ben