[R-SIG-Mac] Failed tar extract

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Tue Apr 20 04:42:14 CEST 2010

After nuking /Library/Frameworks/R.framework
and installing the CRAN version the same
devpack error messages are produced.

Since I often have to install packages from
source, I'd like the proper compile environment
on my Mac.

Is the issue with the devpack tar extraction
a problem in this regard?  It appears that
devpack materials are properly extracted to
/usr/local... directories, but not to
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework directories.

Any info appreciated.

Steve McKinney