[R-SIG-Mac] Sweave, X11, locale problem

johannes rara johannesraja at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:37:14 CEST 2009

When I run in R e.g.

> Sweave("/Users/jrara/bblatex.snw")

I get a warning message:

Writing to file bblatex.tex
Processing code chunks ...
 1 : term hide
 2 : echo term verbatim
 3 : term tex
 4 : term verbatim eps pdf

You can now run LaTeX on 'bblatex.tex'
Warning messages:
1: In function (display = "", width, height, pointsize, gamma, bg,  :
  locale not supported by Xlib: some X ops will operate in C locale
2: In function (display = "", width, height, pointsize, gamma, bg,  :
  X cannot set locale modifiers

Any ideas where is the problem and how I can fix it? See my
sessionInfo() below. I'm running R via Aquamacs (1.8). Thanks for your
time.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
fi_FI.UTF-8/fi_FI.UTF-8/C/C/fi_FI.UTF-8/fi_FI.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] xtable_1.5-5    lattice_0.17-25

[1] grid_2.9.2  tcltk_2.9.2 tools_2.9.2