[R-SIG-Mac] 2.10.0 beta help functions

Peter Cowan cowan.pd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:53:21 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote:
> Simon Urbanek wrote:
>>
>> Both the installer issues as well as the help should be fixed. Please  try
>> tonight's builds [tomorrow].
>>

> Both problems (help system and 32 bit cpu detection) appear to be fixed as
> of
>
> R version 2.10.0 beta (2009-10-15 r50107)
> R.app GUI 1.30-devel (5506 Leopard build 32-bit)

With

R version 2.10.0 beta (2009-10-15 r50107)
R.app GUI 1.30 (5506) x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0

I can confirm that the help problem I reported (using ? and help())
are now fixed.

However, the GUI help interfaces -- text fields at the top of the
console and the top of the help window, do not seem to work.  The help
window gains (or keeps) focus but the help page is not updated.

Thank you for the quick update, I'll continue to poke around the help system.

Peter