[R-SIG-Mac] tiff output

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Fri Oct 16 00:52:08 CEST 2009

Personally I'd actually recommend saving the graphic in whatever is the
highest-quality format you can, then open it in GraphicConverter and use
that app to save a copy in tiff format.

It is a shame that there's still no tiff file tool in R (rtiff is old,
bonged up, and ugly :-( ).  Matlab and GraphicConverter (and I believe
GIMP) have no problem opening & converting tiffs.  We just need some
energetic R-fan to code up a tool.