[R-SIG-Mac] R-alpha on SL system

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 12 00:22:52 CEST 2009

Thanks Simon.  Starting with a fresh source directory and building
one level up from the source did indeed resolve everything just as
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2009-September/006470.html
My usual set of packages also installed fine except for rgl once I
realized that I need
to invoke R as R --arch x86_64.

Thanks for your patience,
Roger

PS.  Is the rgl a known issue?   I get

checking for X... no
configure: error: X11 not found but required, configure aborted.
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rgl'
* removing '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.10/Resources/
library/rgl'

but
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 alpha (2009-10-09 r50012)
i386-apple-darwin10.0.0

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:

 > capabilities()
     jpeg      png     tiff    tcltk      X11     aqua http/ftp  sockets
     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
   libxml     fifo   cledit    iconv      NLS  profmem    cairo
     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE    FALSE