[R-SIG-Mac] R-alpha on SL system

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 11 21:54:12 CEST 2009

Simon,

I read this thread,
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2009-September/006463.html

but didn't see this post:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2009-September/006470.html

Unfortunately,  I can't get this to work either, the configure step
seems to
end normally, although there is a warning about "missing packages. but

make -j8 && make install

ends with error:  cannot use Fortran.  But
yzzy: which gfortran /usr/local/bin/gfortran yzzy:
gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.2.3
As for the binary install,  the pkg installer produced eventually
a window that said "Failed"   in red rather than the usual green
Installation Successful  -- but it wasn't clear where to look
for the entrails.  I've replaced the old config.log on the web
with the new one based on the recommended configure lines.