[R-SIG-Mac] package installation issues

Michael Barnett oboemike at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 18:45:16 CET 2009

I apologize for not being more precise. I'm pasting the printout I get
below:

*****
 > install.packages("igraph")
trying URL 'http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.10/igraph_0.5.2-2.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 3312372 bytes (3.2 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 3.2 Mb

The downloaded packages are in
	/var/folders/7J/7JpbFNySGACoH3teAShOLE+++TM/-Tmp-//RtmpXG1NQC/
downloaded_packages
 > library(igraph)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
   unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/igraph/libs/x86_64/igraph.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/igraph/
libs/x86_64/igraph.so, 10): Symbol not found: ___gmpz_clear
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/
igraph/libs/x86_64/igraph.so
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'igraph'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'igraph'
******

What's different between my set-up and yours, Steve? I'm on a 13"
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM running OS X 10.5.8

-Michael