[R-SIG-Mac] Linux user asks: What about that Editor you have built-in. Can we compile it too?

Ralph O'Brien, PhD obrienralph at gmail.com
Sun May 17 14:57:52 CEST 2009

I use the nice java GUI "JGR" for both my own use and in teaching. See
http://jgr.markushelbig.org/JGR.html

Like R itself, JGR offers a single, free tool that works across all 3
platforms (but I have not used it with Linux).

I have extracted and attached the relevant pages from Bob Muenchen's
excellent 2009 Springer book, "R for SAS and SPSS Users," which I even
recommend--heartily--to statistical computing virgins. This book has lots of
down-to-earth information illustrated with good examples--including stuff I
have not found in other books in this niche. See
http://rforsasandspssusers.com/

Ralph O'Brien
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Case Western Reserve University