[R-SIG-Mac] R.app history forgets

Loren Engrav engrav at u.washington.edu
Wed May 6 18:02:17 CEST 2009

Hi and thank you

Why d&d directory onto R.app?

Now that I understand the common use of many Rdata's, one in each working
folder, and Pref notes say "d&d of file or directory on R icon will
override", I was trying to get with common usage by starting up with d&d
onto R.app rather then double clicking R.app and then changing location; did
not try to d&d a file since the R files (Rhistory and Rdata) are invisible;
and then found that the "Always apply" directory is overridden; so then
confused about what does "Always apply" mean

This is part of my "prefs are confusing" problem but not part of the
"Rhistory commands being forgotten" problem; which is probably more
important

Today I said I would stop fiddling with Rhistory and do work, but I find if
I double click on the bottom entry in the history window, things go wrong.
Seems like returns are added and multiple commands are combined into one
entry in the file. Here is what the end of the history file looks like in
BBEdit

.Machine$sizeof.pointer
sessionInfo()
ls()
rm (ABeset_gcrmaNumhom)
ls()
AB_gcrmaNumhom <- gcrma(AA_ReadAffyNumhom, fast = FALSE)
library(gcrma)
.Machine$sizeof.pointer#

.Machine$sizeof.pointer#
#