[R-SIG-Mac] R GUI Cannot load Interface Builder

Roland Kaiser roland.kaiser at sbg.ac.at
Fri Mar 20 10:31:45 CET 2009

Hi!

I'm using the R GUI with joy ever since, despite some occasional
misbehaviour. However, the last days I have noticed some errors
that really waste a considerable amount of time.

I'm sorry, I can't come up with a reproducible example,
but I try to explain how the error was raised in my case.

During testing of code I subsequently executed
lines by cmd + return.

After several times suddenly the working directory
in the GUI shows <deleted> instead of the path.
Maybe I did some strange key combination here,
but in the past I did never deleted the path by accident?

The console then states:

2009-03-20 10:06:08.537 R[620] Cannot load Interface Builder file '/
System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Resources/German.lproj/
NSAlertPanel.nib'

I am not able to save any open files, but can copy
and paste to TextEdit to prevent loss.

Funny to see what sessionInfo() tells invoked after.

 > sessionInfo()
Fehler in gzfile(file, "rb") : kann Verbindung nicht öffnen
Zusätzlich: Warning message:
In gzfile(file, "rb") :
   kann komprimierte Datei '/Users/roli/Library/R/2.8/library/
maptools/Meta/package.rds' nicht öffnen. Grund evtl. 'Too many open
files'

when q() the session console prints again
… too many open files … and quits.

SessionInfo after restart and reloading packages and data

GUI version is Mac OS X GUI rev. 5372 for R 2.8.x

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
de_AT.UTF-8/de_AT.UTF-8/C/C/de_AT.UTF-8/de_AT.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] maptools_0.7-16 foreign_0.8-29  spatstat_1.14-9 deldir_0.0-7
[5] gpclib_1.4-2    mgcv_1.4-1.1    rgdal_0.6-7     sp_0.9-32

[1] grid_2.8.1      lattice_0.17-17

Any Ideas what will cause that crash?
Is a matter of my system locale (German in this case).

Roland