[R-SIG-Mac] Debugging package code in Xcode?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jul 8 15:53:45 CEST 2009

Neil Tiffin wrote:
> You might research gdb fb command (future-break.)  It allows you to
> set a breakpoint in code that is not loaded when the debugger is
> started.  I believe you would have to use the debugger console not the
> GUI with a syntax like "fb rgl.so:function_name".

But it is loaded when I want to set the breakpoint.  I can see the
source file, set a breakpoint in it, but it doesn't work.  I opened the
gdb console (thanks for the suggestion),  and I see warnings like

Warning - No location found for "x11gui.cpp:300"

when I try to set a breakpoint in rgl.  How do I tell it where to find
the location corresponding to that file?

Duncan Murdoch