[R-SIG-Mac] mac OS X 10.5.7 rgdal installation problems

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:52:55 CEST 2009

Sorry I am still learning.  That worked great thanks for bearing with me.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Steve
Lianoglou<mailinglist.honeypot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Same problem as before -- you're not telling the build system where to find
> your "proj" install.
>
> You told it where the 'includes' are, now you have to tell it where the
> library is -- just *read* the error message:
>
>> Error: libproj.a not found.
>> If the PROJ.4 library is installed in a non-standard location,
>> use --configure-args='--with-proj-lib=/opt/local/lib' for example,
>> replacing /opt/local/* with appropriate values for your installation.
>> If PROJ.4 is not installed, install it.
>
> It's telling you what you need to do, perhaps something like:
>
> R CMD install --configure-args='--with-proj-include=/sw/include
> --with-proj-lib=/sw/lib' rgdal
>
> Does that work?
>
> -steve
>
> --
> Steve Lianoglou
> Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology
> Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Stephen Sefick

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

								-K. Mullis