[R-SIG-Mac] mac OS X 10.5.7 rgdal installation problems

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Jul 2 21:48:17 CEST 2009

There is a binary download of rgdal, though apparently not the most
recent rgdal, at

   http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:frameworks

Which I learned about in the process of installing and using open
source GIS software QGis:
   http://qgis.org/en/download/binaries.html
which leads to
   http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:qgis
which in turn leads to the above link.

It will be necessary to also (first) install other frameworks that
this binary of rgdal depends on.

But I do have a functioning rgdal from the above.

>  require(rgdal)
Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
Loaded GDAL runtime: GDAL 1.5.3, released 2008/09/09
GDAL_DATA: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/rgdal/gdal
Loaded PROJ.4 runtime: Rel. 4.6.1, 21 August 2008
PROJ_LIB: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/rgdal/proj

-Don