[R-SIG-Mac] mac OS X 10.5.7 rgdal installation problems

Thu Jul 2 21:21:25 CEST 2009

> here is everything so far, and I still don't know what is going on.
> thanks,

Well, it seems like it can't find the right include files it needs
from your "proj" install, see:

> checking proj_api.h usability... no
> checking proj_api.h presence... no
> checking for proj_api.h... no
> Error: proj_api.h not found.
> If the PROJ.4 library is installed in a non-standard location,
> use --configure-args='--with-proj-include=/opt/local/include'
> for example, replacing /opt/local/* with appropriate values
> for your installation. If PROJ.4 is not installed, install it.
> ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘rgdal’
> * Removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/rgdal’

Can you find proj_api.h? Try `locate proj_api.h` ... is it there?

You're using:

> R CMD install --configure-args='--with-proj-include=/sw/include/
> proj' rgdal

Depending on what the locate command tells you about where proj_api.h
is, perhaps you'll need to change that. Would '--with-proj-include=/sw/
include/proj' suffice?

Not sure what you'll have to set it to precisely, but that's why the
compile is bombing on you right now.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology