[R-SIG-Mac] problems with the data editor

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Jan 10 00:32:23 CET 2009

John,

I have fixed the empty dataset issue and few other borderline cases,
so please try the updated R.app GUI (either from SVN or wait until
it's available again).

However, there are apparently still some issues in the UI that I was
not able track down since they occur only sparsely and randomly all
over the place in internals of the Cocoa event handling when deleting
multiple columns at once. They don't crash in our R.app code, so it's
extremely difficult to trace. All I can say is don't delete multiple
columns at once after busy adding/deleting ;). We really need a
rewrite here ...

Thanks,
Simon