[R-SIG-Mac] Package installation: setting default library

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Tue Jan 6 23:20:40 CET 2009

Ok, here is the response I get after R freshly booted via icon:

Rgames: .libPaths()
[1] "/Users/carl/Library/R/2.8/library"
[2] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8/Resources/library"

-----
then I selected Install local package directory, with System framework
as target location
  ---

Warning in install.packages("/Users/carl/Downloads/gtools", , NULL, type
= "source") :
   argument 'lib' is missing: using '/Users/carl/Library/R/2.8/library'
WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
* Installing *binary* package 'gtools' ...
* DONE (gtools)
Rgames:

So, it sort of looks like the PackageInstaller GUI window isn't filling
in the right library path when I click the Install At System Level  button.

Or, is there some way to get .libPaths to list the paths in a different
order or something like that?