[R-SIG-Mac] GTK+ libraries can't be found

Ivan Alves papucho at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 16:37:45 CET 2009

Dear Simon,

First of all many thanks for the guidance and more generally for the
great stuff you do for the R Mac community.

On the environment, I have added the line you suggested to
both .bash_profile and .profile, but R does not seem to be looking
there (bash certainly does).  Where does the GUI R get the environment
definitions from?  And more generally where can I look more closely to
the startup process for R GUI as I have not yet managed to get it to
read the ~/.Rprofile file (and the definitions therein) properly [I
have tinkered with the preferences with no success]

On the availability of the binary for RGtk2 on CRAN and its mirrors, I
am afraid that it does not appear in the ones I have tried (Munchen
and the first US).  Should I be using another mirror that is more
"complete"?

If I may, could I suggest an addition and one modification to the
keyboard shortcuts for R GUI?  The addition would be to add "run
function definition", possibly as shift-cmd-return, to take multiline
commands in R, something usually done for more involved call (such as
aggregate, merge, etc.).  Also, could the default cmd-return (or a
variation of it) then move the cursor to the next command/uncommented
line?  This would reduce the required keystrokes of my tipical
sessions by half.  Many thanks in advance for considering this.

kind regards,

ivan