[R-SIG-Mac] Copy & Paste from tktext on a Mac

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Aug 26 16:19:42 CEST 2009

On Aug 25, 2009, at 5:44 , Anne Skoeries wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> a text window is supposed to map the shortcuts for copying and pasting
> (<Ctrl-C>, <Ctrl-V>) automatically.
> I'm working under Mac OS X and my text window doesn't really map these
> functions automatically - it works fine under Windows. I know that
> under Mac OS one would use <Command-c> to copy the text but this won't
> work either.
> Is there an easy way to map copy&paste functions to a text window
> under Mac OS X? Because if I try to map a copy-function to my
> textwindow it doesn't work with <Command-c> but once I try a different
> shortcut for example <Control-e> it works just fine.

The Tcl/Tk toolkit runs under X11 so this is really a function of your
X11. Once you select the text you can use the shortcuts defined for
X11 so in a stock Apple X11 on both 10.4.1 and 10.5.8 <Cmd><C> works
just fine. You failed to show any relevant code so I can only guess
what you mean so I use this:

library(tcltk)
tt<-tktoplevel()
t<-tktext(tt)