[R-SIG-Mac] Nightly dmg builds

Mon Aug 17 03:24:11 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

On Aug 14, 2009, at 8:44 PM, Peter Cowan wrote:

> The night build page <http://R.research.att.com/>, conveniently
> include a dmg build of R-devel (2.10).   However, I notice that the
> current dmg, is from a revision 48594, which is May I believe.  Would
> it be possible have a more recent revision package as a dmg?
>
> Also, what is the preferred method of installing the tar.gz files?  I
> was unclear how to use them in a fashion that would allow me to use
> Rswitch to switch versions.

Just follow the instructions listed below that downloads table:

"""Alternatively you can use the tar-ball (*.tar.gz) which must be
unpacked in the root (e.g. tar fvxz R*.tar.gz -C /)"""

So. assuming you d/l this:

http://r.research.att.com/R-devel-leopard-universal.tar.gz

Open up your terminal and cd into your ~/Downloads folder (assuming
that's where it was d/l'd). Then call this:

tar fvxz R-devel-leopard-universal.tar.gz -C /

R will be installed in the correct place (ie: /Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/Versions/2.10). Unpacking like this at first switches the
symlink to point to the 2.10 install (I'm pretty sure). You can then
use RSwitch as normal to jump back and forth between 2.9 and 2.10.

Hope that helps,

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou