[R-SIG-Mac] Textmate/ SWeave: Error PDF file not written to disk

Saiwing Yeung saiwing at berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 16 11:30:16 CEST 2009

I played with it a little more and I think I have gotten it to work
properly for me. I still don't entirely understand why this works (!)
so follow at your own risk :) First a bit of clarification, I set my
TextMate up with TM_LATEX_COMPILER set to latexmk.pl (in TextMate
Preferences). Then these 2 changes are made.

1)
need new version of latexmk.pl in . The original version is 3.07a, I
got the one from
     http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/latexmk/
which is 4.05. It should be at
     ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/
SWeave.tmbundle/Support/bin/latexmk.pl
which might be different if you installed it using other methods.

2)
In "Sweave, Typeset & View", change a line in run_tex()
from
     else "$TEX" -f -r "${TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT}/latexmkrc" "$1"
     else "$TEX" -f -pdf "$1"

* I am not sure why I need to call -pdf to get it to produce the pdf
while wasn't needed in the original version.
* I don't have latexmkrc in my support directory and this option was
making latexmk.pl unhappy.

Note:
* you still need Sweave.sty somewhere
* I commented out the standard error pipe in my last post. But with
these changes I can (and should) revert the change.

Hope this helps. It would be great if someone can fix this properly
instead of using some voodoo hack.

Saiwing