[R-SIG-Mac] Reminder: Please test the 2.9.0 beta/rc binaries!

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Apr 11 04:49:21 CEST 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 9:38 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2009, at 7:29 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

>>> I forgot to mention that I also tried that strategem at a bash
>>> prompt  after reading the MacOSX FAQ and was given the response
>>> the no such  program could be found.
>>> bash: pkutil: command not found
>>
>> That looks like a copy/paste error, but the question is, when?  Did
>> you try to run pkgutil and miscopy the error message, or did the
>> error happen earlier?
>
> WTF?
>
> I (thrice)  1) tried the command earlier and got that message, and
> 2) more recently correctly copied the error message when I ran it,
> and  3) now tried  pkgutil --forget R-Framework.pkg. Warnes said it
> was dpkgutil (or pkgutil), you say it is pkgutil. All three have
> unfavorable results. Screen-scrapes of the last two attached:

It is pkgutil as in my e-mail [thanks @ Gregg - I didn't notice the
typo in the ReadMe]. The name to forget is definitely not R-
Framework.pkg because it is supposed to be ID of the package, but it
depends how you installed the first R. If you used the Leopard
installer then it's

pkgutil --forget org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg

To see a list of installed packages, use

pkgutil --pkgs

Usually you only have to forget the framework, the GUIs install in the
same location, so you have to move them aside in either case.