[R-SIG-Mac] Do Darwinports and R play nice on Tiger?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Sun Sep 7 14:54:32 CEST 2008

I would like to install gnucash on a Macbook running OS X 10.5.4.  It
appears that I would need either Fink or Darwinports installed to
install gnucash.  Because my past experiences with Fink have not been
positive I am considering installing Darwinports.  However, I notice
that they want me to override many system libraries with their
versions of the libraries (http://gnucash.darwinports.com/install/).
Am I likely to cause problems with R running on this system if I do
so?