[R-SIG-Mac] RGtk2 on Mac -- problems installing...

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 29 21:00:11 CET 2008

Hi all:

	I've got R 2.8.0 on MacOS X 10.4.11, and I'm trying to get RGtk2
working so I can use some other libaries that require it.  When
installing it normally, it asks me if I want to install the GTK runtime,
which downloads but then fails to install.  I manually downloaded the
GTK runtime installer from http://r.research.att.com/, which installed
fine, but R doesn't seem to "see" it (it continues to ask me if I want
to install GTK when trying to load the libary).  Any tricks to getting
this to work?  I feel like there might be an environment variable
missing someplace, but I have no idea what the variable is nor how to
define it permanently for R.

	I should point out I've tried this under both the Cocoa GUI and the X11
gui, same error.  Thanks!  Besides this little hiccup, I'm very happy
with the Mac port of R...

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD