[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with libR.dylib in 2.8.0

Chris Lokan c.lokan at adfa.edu.au
Wed Oct 29 02:47:28 CET 2008

I found a work-around.

I re-installed everything from scratch, with MacOS X binaries downloaded
today from CRAN for R-2.8.0.dmg and for all the libraries I need.

Same problem: some of the libraries (chron, Cairo, Design, Hmisc) expect to
find libR.dylib in a directory called
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/lib/

I have not done any hard-coding of anything myself, so I assume the
hard-coded path must be in the libraries themselves somehow.

The work-around: I created that directory structure by hand, and linked
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Libraries/libR.dylib into it. Now things
seem to be working.

Chris