[R-SIG-Mac] Fwd: rgl 0.81 in R 2.8 on Mac OS X

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Oct 23 15:18:53 CEST 2008

Ken,

I didn't follow the earlier discussion, but I can suggest why it works
in R 2.8.0 :). For R 2.8.0 we now use an updated (static) freetype in
R. On the CRAN build machine it has higher precedence than Apple's
freetype, so that's what rgl binary ends up using.
But then, I didn't see any problems before so it's hard to tell...