[R-SIG-Mac] package manager

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Mon Oct 20 23:32:21 CEST 2008

Two comments: first, not everyone has accesss to the CRAN or other
depositories for direct installation.

That's my case, given my parent company's mad paranoia about internet
access.

Second,  is it possible the people who are having trouble with the
installer are not selecting the correct directory?  I had to play around
a bit when installing from a package I'd previously downloaded and
unzipped.  I think I finally figured out that I had to select the
sub-folder titled "R" or something like that to get the installer to
load the package.

Carl