[R-SIG-Mac] CGSResolveShmemReference error in 2.7.2

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Oct 4 01:36:43 CEST 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 11:28 AM, George Nelson wrote:

> I'm getting a red warning message ": CGSResolveShmemReference :
> reference offset (32768) exceeds bounds (32768) on shmem obj 0xca4",
> on my R console, 30 of them this morning. Most informative Google
> result was at: http://lists.apple.com/archives/Quartz-dev/2004/Dec/msg00043.html
> : "Generally, this particular error simply indicates that there is a
> memory smasher in the app."
>
> A bug in this version of the Mac GUI?

Please send me the full log. The GUI simply displays all error
messages even if they were not produced by R but some of the plugins
or other loaded code. Hence it is not necessarily a bug in the GUI.
Please also have a look at FAQ 12.4 just to make sure you don't have
any rogue plugins.

If you really think this is a bug, please don't forget to post
sessionInfo() as well as the machine type you're using.

Thanks,