[R-SIG-Mac] /bin/sh: tar: command not found

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Fri Oct 3 23:08:16 CEST 2008

Hi Ben, Andrew,

I am facing the same problem (R 2.7.2 running on Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build
9F33; MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.5 GHz); tar is in the path...

GMXUX-Ricardo-Rodriguez:~ rrodriguez$ tar
tar: You must specify one of the `-Acdtrux' options
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.

Here an error. This installation usually does work...

*****
 > install.packages("reshape")
also installing the dependency 'plyr'

trying URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.7/plyr_0.1.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 544654 bytes (531 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 531 Kb

trying URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.7/reshape_0.8.1.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 94353 bytes (92 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 92 Kb

/bin/sh: tar: command not found
Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
  argument is missing, with no default
*****

Any idea, please? Thanks!

Greetings,