[R-SIG-Mac] /bin/sh: tar: command not found

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Sat Oct 4 00:24:31 CEST 2008

You can print and set environment variables from within R by doing

Sys.getenv("PATH")
Sys.setenv(PATH = "SOMETHING")

When you start R from the command line it should inherit the PATH
(although that depends on how you set it - and note that it looks as
if you are using SH and not say BASH).

Since you are installing a binary from Bioconductor under something I
guess is the CRAN binary (I cannot be 100% with the info you are
providing), it really should work. You should not need to have the
DevTools installed.

Kasper