[R-SIG-Mac] upgradeable R layout

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 04:13:09 CET 2008

Steven -- thanks a lot!  Now it's clearer what to do with the 64 bits,
but still it doesn't answer the question of upgradeability -- meaning,
you went ahead and installed a bunch of packages, then a new version
of R comes along, and what do you do?

One way I can see handling it it with a local install, outside of the
framework, and reinstalling with the command from the previous list --
and you still have to do that.  Going over a list of 60+ packages in
the installer is not really fun...

Cheers,
Alexy