[R-SIG-Mac] rimage doesn't install on Mac OS X 10.4

Thu Nov 13 20:01:46 CET 2008

Hi Scott,

On Nov 13, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Waichler, Scott R wrote:

> Simon,
>
>> Scott, can you, please, check that you have Xcode 2.4 or
>> higher? (2.5 is available) Cheers, S
>
> I am running Xcode 2.1 (I've never paid attention to this before) and
> Mac OS 10.4.11.  My machine is up to date according to Software
> Update,
> and all of the references I can find for Xcode talk about Leopard.
> Do I
> need a more recent version of Xcode for Tiger, and if so, how can I
> get
> it?  Or is my only option to get Leopard?
>
> Scott Waichler

Apparently the latest XCode (3.1.1) requires Leopard, but you can
still upgrade your XCode to the latest version that's supported by
Tiger (which is 2.5).

I can't find an easy way to point you to the right page, so here's a
rough approximation of what you can do to get it:

(1) You'll need to register for an ADC account (it's free).

Go here: https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa
Click on the "Join Now" button, if you don't have a login already.

(3) Click the Downloads link
(4) Click on "Developer Tools" in the Downloads toolbar on the right
(5) Search for "xcode 2.5" and follow the d/l links.

You'll get a *.dmg with the updated xcode tools you can then install
as usual.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos