[R-SIG-Mac] 64-bit build of R crashes while idle

Rob Goedman goedman at mac.com
Thu Nov 6 21:20:16 CET 2008

Hi Simon,

Not sure if I use it as much/often as Steve, but 64bit R.app is up in
an open space virtually all the time on my system using a recent daily
'your' R and the GUI I build with XCode. Usually for several (2 to 3)
days, used at least several times a day. If I restart R.app, like this
morning, it'll select the latest daily build. Right now R 2.8.0 GUI
1.26 unknown (5259).

All packages have been installed from sources. In the past that gave
me some issues (as I privately mentioned to you). But since then I
have tried not to mix binaries and sources.

Difficulties are in the well known 'suspects', Gtk2, Graphviz, rgl,
ggobi, but otherwise I've seen very few problems.

On your system, does R-2.9 build in Xcode?

Rob