[R-SIG-Mac] Latent class analysis issue

Byron Ellis byron.ellis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:18:07 CET 2008

R-help would probably be a better place for answers to your question
(this isn't a Mac specific problem), but at a guess the number of
variables you've specified isn't the same as the number in your
example. Though, I've never used e1071's LCA function (didn't even
know they existed until just now) so I'm not positive.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:00 AM, David Kaplan
<dkaplan at education.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'm running the LCA procedure within the E1071 package.  I'm receiving
>  the following message that I don't understand
>
>   > lcaread <- read.csv("~/Documents/Teaching/EP 773/EP 773 Examples/LCA
>  Example/lca.reading.csv", header=TRUE)
>   > attach(lcaread)
>   > readclass <- lca(lcaread, 3)
>  Error in pas[j, ] <- drop(exp(rep(1, nvar) %*% log(mp))) :
>   number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
>   > print(readclass)
>  Error in print(readclass) : object "readclass" not found
>   > summary(readclass)
>  Error in summary(readclass) : object "readclass" not found
>

>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  David
>
>  --
>  ===============================================================
>  David Kaplan, Ph.D.
>  Professor
>  Department of Educational Psychology
>  University of Wisconsin - Madison
>  Educational Sciences, Room, 1061
>  1025 W. Johnson Street
>  Madison, WI 53706
>
>  email: dkaplan at education dot wisc dot edu
>  homepage:
>  http://www.education.wisc.edu/edpsych/facstaff/kaplan/kaplan.htm
>  Phone: 608-262-0836

Byron Ellis (byron.ellis at gmail.com)