[R-SIG-Mac] Problem installing R 2.6.2 on leopard

pc at noc.soton.ac.uk pc at noc.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 15:53:18 CET 2008

I have a problem installing R 2.6.6 on my macbook running 10.5.2

I run the installer in the usual way. It gets almost to the end and then I get
the error message:-

The Installer could not install some files in “/”. Contact the software
manufacturer for assistance.

This is repeated in the console with no more information.

Any idea what is going on and how to solve it?

I am an administrator so I should not have permission problems and I have
installed older versions of R with no problem.

I have tried repairing file permissions and that doesn't help.

cheers

Peter Challenor