[R-SIG-Mac] `init.tcl' problem

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Tue Jun 24 15:37:37 CEST 2008

hello,

as it seems(...):
after a recent update of Xcode tools (I presume from the dates this is
the culprit) a new  (link to)

libtclstub8.4.a

was installed in /usr/lib. up to then
R was having no difficulties in loading the tcltk package. now I get the
following error message (without having touched anything directly
related to R -- no new version, no new packages installed):

=================================CUT=================================
Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
@TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@ @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded
=================================CUT=================================

question: what am I to make of the directory "names"

`@TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@' `@TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@'

I mean, where, actually, is R searching for `init.tcl'?

I _do_ have `init.tcl in these locations:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Resources/Scripts/init.tcl
/sw/lib/tcl8.4/init.tcl
/opt/local/lib/tcl8.4/init.tcl

or, put more simply: what need I to do to make R (and me) happy again?

thanks,

joerg