[R-SIG-Mac] quartz

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 09:42:44 CEST 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Margarete Mehrabian wrote:

> I have just downloaded the latest version of R for mac.  I have mac OS10
> (leopard). Several things are different, including  plotting, I can no longer
> copy the Quartz window directly and PASTE.  The paste function dosn't work.
> thanks

What do you mean by 'the latest version' (see the posting guide for the
'at a minimum' information required)?

My guess is that you have 2.7.0, and you should get a build of 2.7.1RC (or
wait for 2.7.1 to be released next week).  These are available from
http://r.research.att.com/, and I guess you should try

http://r.research.att.com/R-2.7-branch-45927.dmg

(or the current version).

A lot of the differences are bug fixes (in the previous quartz() device or
R.app), but some new bugs have been corrected -- see the archives of this
list.