[R-SIG-Mac] Tex for producing packages (and whatever else)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 15:37:50 CEST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, stephen sefick wrote:

> Thanks,
> another thing that I am running into is I have created a data folder
> in my working package.  it is SavannahRiver.rda .  I used the save
> comand
> save(x, file="SavannahRiver.rda")
> and I can load the data fine, but R CMD check says
>
> * checking package subdirectories ... WARNING
> Subdirectory 'data' contains no data sets.

Not reproducible, but warning/error messages are usually accurate.

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 8:45 AM, hadley wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 7:25 AM, stephen sefick <ssefick at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Mac 10.5.4
>>> R 2.7.1
>>> I am in the process of making a package what else do I need besides
>>> the known Tex stuff, and which one.  I have heard that miktex doesn't
>>> play nicely.
>>
>> Given that miktex is for windows, no it doesn't play nicely on os x!

There are MiKTeX tools for Unix, including Mac OS X.

>> Try the mactex distribution -  http://www.tug.org/mactex/.  There's
>> nothing else you need.

All you needed was the FAQ:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#TeX-suite-of-tools-for-documentation-_0028optional_0029

Simon and Stefano must find it frustrating to document all this and see it
asked here so often.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk