[R-SIG-Mac] Moving to beginning of line

Ben Tupper PemaquidRiver at tidewater.net
Thu Jul 31 15:27:59 CEST 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Ken Williams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding the following change in R.app version 1.25 (5166):
>
> Last-update: 2008-06-16 [SU]
> *    fix moveToBeginningOfLineAndModifySelection: (<Cmd><Shift><Left>)
>     to behave as expected; implement deleteToBeginningOfLine:
>     Note that *BeginningOfLine*: is still implemented the same as
>     *BeginningOfParagraph*: which may lead to some confusion when
>     working with multi-line commands (but this was always the case).
>
> I can't seem to get my cursor to move to the beginning of the line
> anymore.
> When I do <Cmd><Left>, the cursor just sits there at the right (or
> in the
> middle) of the line, it doesn't move.
>
> In version 1.24 <Cmd><Left> was already broken and did nothing, but
> I could
> work around it by doing <Cmd><Shift><Left> and then <Left>.
> Unfortunately
> this doesn't work anymore.  Now the first action does correctly
> highlight
> the part of the line to the left of the cursor, but <Left> does
> nothing.
> <Right> puts my cursor back where it was before <Cmd><Shift><Left>.
>
> Looks like a workaround is the Emacs keystroke <Cmd>-a.

Hello,

I am not sure this resolves the issue you have identified, but I find
that <Ctl><Left> moves the cursor to the beginning of the line using
R.app 2.7.1 GUI 1.25 (5166).  I find this works on other text
editors, too, such as SubEthaEdit and TextEdit.  However, the more
familiar <Cmd><Left> also moves the cursor to the beginning of the
line in those editors.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben Tupper