[R-SIG-Mac] broken lines with quartz device

baptiste auguie ba208 at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 09:08:30 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I've just installed R on a new MacBook Pro, and I'm facing the
following issue: continuous lines in some graphs appear with a
discontinuity when I use the quartz or png() device. I really don't
think it comes from this specific code as the pdf() output is fine,
and so is the output on other machines. I have no clue where the
problem is, I can't nail down what triggers it (I haven't been able
yet to create a minimal example, sadly). The screenshot attached shows
the result of the pdf() device vs the default quartz() device, note
the broken lines in the middle of the right side graph.

Has anybody faced a similar glitch before?

Many thanks,

baptiste

sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:
en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages:

PS:  apologies for any duplicate, i've been trying to send to this
list for 2 days without any apparent success.

Baptiste Auguié

School of Physics
University of Exeter
Stocker Road,