[R-SIG-Mac] rgl.open does not work

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jul 9 15:09:59 CEST 2008

Byron Ellis wrote:
> Yes. I think you want
>
> #if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED <= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_4

Thanks, that looks simple, and rgl still compiles in Tiger.  I'll commit
the change as soon as I have an Internet connection again.

I'm still seeing problems with the display of glyphs: it appears that
FTGL is not reading what FreeType sends properly, or FreeType is not
reading the .ttf file properly.  For now I'm going to set
useFreeType=FALSE on MacOSX.  It might help if FTGL could specify fonts
by their characteristics, so I could use cairo or pango the way other
devices do  -- but FTGL isn't currently being maintained.  Maybe it
would be worth the effort to figure out what's going on in it and adding
this myself.

Duncan Murdoch