[R-SIG-Mac] R-2.6-branch make failed

Matthew Keller mckellercran at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:24:36 CET 2008

Hi all,

New Mac Pro arrived last week and I would like to install the 64 bit
version of R on it, but the 64 bit build (R-2.6-branch) of R at
http://R.research.att.com/ has shown "make FAILED" all week. I have a
project that I need to do that will require lots of  memory. Should I
go ahead and try to compile 64 bit R myself from the "64-bit R for Mac
OS X" page (despite the fact that the page says that it is
deprecated), or will I run into the same problems that are causing the
R-2.6-branch build to fail? Having no experience compiling anything, I
had wanted to avoid this, but I am willing to give it a try if it will
work. Thanks in advance,

Matt

--
Matthew C Keller