[R-SIG-Mac] dyld problem

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 09:24:37 CET 2008

Hi

R-2.6.1, MacOSX 10.5.1

I've been running R fine since upgrading to 10.5.1, but now have a
problem.

Clicking the "R" icon seems to work fine but typing "R" at
the command prompt gives me this:

245-10:~% R
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/exec/
ppc/R
   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib: stat() failed with errno=62
Trace/BPT trap
245-10:~%

I'm sure it worked yesterday, and I rebooted my machine just now and
got the same error.  I don't think I changed anything (certainly nothing
deliberate, and I have not been tinkering with the system, as far as I
know).

Anyone got an idea?

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst and Neutral Theorist,