[R-SIG-Mac] Error updating packages

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Feb 29 17:17:17 CET 2008

Ista,

can you send me the output of
ls -l /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/

and
ls -ld `find /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/lattice`

please? (assuming you didn't touch lattice since the error).

If the permissions changed for some reason, you can restore the CRAN
defaults by running

sudo chown -R root:admin /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources
sudo chmod -R ug+w /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources

Thanks,
Simon