[R-SIG-Mac] gfortran and gcc 4.2

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Sat Aug 30 00:24:05 CEST 2008

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful.

On a side note I am surprised to see that R-devel's configure script
picks up
   /usr/local/bin/gfortran-4.2
instead of
   /usr/bin/gfortran-4.2
even though /usr/bin is ahead of /usr/local/bin in my path. Is that an
autoconf setting, that /usr/local/bin is always first, or is it an R
thing or?

Here is my path
kasper-hansens-macbook:~/Source/R-devel/> echo $PATH
/Users/khansen/Bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/
texbin:/usr/X11/bin

and here is a relevant snippet from config.log
PATH: /usr/X11/bin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /Users/khansen/Bin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/texbin
PATH: /usr/X11/bin
PATH: /usr/local/bin

It seems like /usr/X11/bin and /usr/local/bin is prepended to the PATH
setting/

Kasper