[R-SIG-Mac] sound::setWavPlayer()

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Aug 27 16:38:58 CEST 2008

FWIW the default should be to use "open" because that allows the user
to map .wav to any applications they desire, you should not be hard-
coding that in your code via -a.
On a similar note sound could do a better job of finding player since
most users that deal with audio/video are likely to already have
mplayer installed, so checking for mplayer and play may be a good idea.
Finally, playing sound on OS X takes one line of code, so adding a
player directly to the package would be trivial (or maybe creating a
package that does the playing if desired..).