[R-SIG-Mac] problem with X11() after install of 2.7.0.

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Wed Apr 30 16:34:32 CEST 2008

hi everybody,

today  I  decided  (unwisely,  it  appears) to install 2.7.0
under MacOS 10.4.7. now, when I  run  R  from  the  terminal
command line and do something like

plot(1:10)

a  X11 graphic window pops up, the 10 points are drawn on an
otherwise blank canvas (no axes, no labels, no  ticks  etc),
CPU  time  goes  to 100% and stays there and R does not come
back to the prompt ("hangs"). I tried to `ktrace'  this  but
this  produced a one Gig logfile in a few seconds from which
a learned nothing ...

a quick search of the  archive  did  not  yield  a  hit.  so
please: what's going on here?

thanks

joerg

PS: I've done this in fullscreen X11 mode using two different
WMs (`dwm', `fluxbox') which otherwise work perfectly.