[R-SIG-Mac] quartz device extremely slow (2.7.0)

Tomas Mikoviny tomas.mikoviny at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:34:02 CEST 2008

I found where is the problem, however have no solution for it right now.
To demonstrate (I have chosen 6000 to match my datasets size):

x=seq(1:6000)
y=rnorm(6000)
plot(x,y)

Absolutely no problem until now, everything is responsive, no lags.

Problem appears when I insert parameter 'type':

slowdown and unacceptable lag for "l", "o", "s"
plot(x,y, type="l")
plot(x,y, type="o")

however no problem at all  (instantly plotted) for "p", "b", "c", "h"
plot(x,y, type="p")
plot(x,y, type="b")

Does anyone know possible reason for this behaviour. Once again, I use
clear install of R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22). When I try the same
stuff with latest 2.6.2 version everything runs smoothly without any
problems.

tomas