[R-SIG-Mac] unable to install LME4 in R 2.6.2

orzack orzack at freshpond.org
Fri Apr 18 17:52:05 CEST 2008

>Please issue
>install.packages("lme4")
>in R to update your package. The currently available version is lme4
>0.99875-9 and it works without problems.
>
>Cheers,
>Simon

Dear Simon,
   many thanks for your reply!
   oops, sorry for the confusion........that was a typo. I HAVE
installed the latest version 0.999375-13 (I dropped a 9 in my
message......). It is this latest version that DOES not install in R
2.6.2. I should mention that I need this latest version because
earlier versions generated divergent scale estimates and Dr. Bates
has very nicely reworked the estimation scheme so that divergent
estimates would not appear. I know that 0.999375-13 DOES WORK on a
Power PC Mac. As my message stated, it does NOT install on an Intel
Mac

SO, the problem remains. Any help is much appreciated!
--
Steven Orzack

The Fresh Pond Research Institute
173 Harvey Street